At the 21st United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP 21), the Paris Agreement was adopted and a target was set to limit the increase in global average temperature to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels, and limiting it to 1.5°C if possible.
NH Foods Group is cognizant that climate change is a pressing issue in people's lives and our business activities, and we are working to cut emissions throughout the Group such as by reducing CO2 emissions, using energy efficiently.
Please refer to promotion systems on the environmental management page.
In particular, a director is in charge of operation of climate change initiatives.
The Sustainability Committee debates important policies, the development of measures,and initiatives related to climate change.The matters discussed and decided on by management committees are taken up for discussion by the Board of Directors.
Information Disclosure Based on the TCFD Framework
In 2018, we joined the Japan Climate Initiative*1 and in June 2020, we endorsed the proposal presented by the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures*2 (TCFD) and became a member of TCFD Consortium*3. In fiscal 2021, we established the TCFD Committee to evaluate the risks and opportunities accompanying climate change and following this, to formulate potential scenarios for conducting scenario-based analysis.
- Note1:Japan Climate initiative: A network that aims to strengthen the distribution and exchange of information among companies, local governments, NGOs, and others in Japan in order to achieve a low-carbon society. CDP Worldwide-Japan, WWF Japan, and the Renewable Energy Institute serve as the secretariat.
- Note2:Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures: A task force established in 2015 by the Financial Stability Board (FSB), an international organization in which central banks and financial regulators from major countries participate. In June 2017, the final report released recommendations on voluntary disclosure with the aim of encouraging companies and other organizations to identify and disclose the financial impacts of climate change risks and opportunities.
- Note3:TCFD Consortium: The consortium was established to discuss measures by companies and financial institutions that endorse the TCFD to effectively disclose information and use disclosed information to make appropriate investment decisions by financial institutions and other
The NH Foods Group has setin order to realize “Vision 2030”, and works together with external organizations in efforts to conserve energy and resources, and reduce the environmental burden.
Reducing Greenhouse Gases from Raising Livestock and Factories
An introduction to the Group’s measures to reduce environmental impacts from business activities (livestock raising and factories)
Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Logistics
An introduction to the Group’s measures to reduce environmental impacts from business activities (logistics)
Conducting Life Cycle Assessment
We conduct assessment of products throughout their entire life cycle from the production of raw materials to disposal from the perspective of environmental impact.
Changes in CO2 Emissions and Energy Consumption
The Group will continue to promote measures to reduce carbon dioxide emissions such as through energy-saving activities.
- Note1:Emissions basic unit
Primary unit of each intesity is per unit of product.
- Note2:Transition of CO2 emissions about Scope 1,2 from fossil fuel and it's intensity.
The Group will determine greenhouse gas emissions throughout the entire supply chain and take reduction measures.